Saturday, January 2, 2010

January 2

OMG...my momma is the best cook! Even last night before drifting off to sleep, I told my husband that I hoped my mother would cook a big breakfast for us...and she did! Go momma!

I was going to start a 3 day fast today, but in light of this unexpected trip to visit the family, my husband and I decided to start on Monday the 4th.

Breakfast: 2 biscuits w/gravy, 1 fried egg, 5 or 6 small pieces of bacon, 1 homemade waffle with butter and syrup, 3 glasses of orange juice (mmmmmmm!!!!)

Lunch- 1 can of coke, 2 shortbread cookies, 2 chocolates

Dinner- big dinner salad, steak tips w/gravy, Texas toast, baked potato with butter and sour cream, large coke, banana pudding.

Snack- 2 Turtle chocolates, 2 Rice Krispie treats, 1/4 of an ice cream sandwich.


Exercise- Walking on the treadmill- 30 min, speed 2.0


I am seriously out of shape ya'll, and 30 minutes of exercise is HARD! I HATE, HATE, HATE every second!

My parents have a little, rickety ol' treadmill that I walked on last night and used again today, and it was really tough walking for 30 minutes straight. After about 20 minutes, I was so relieved and thought, "Oh great...well, I can just stop at 25 minutes and do a stretch and a cool down for 5. Yeah, that's what I'll do!" But I realized that that was just an old habit of mine rearing its ugly head! Telling myself that I've done enough and stopping just short of my goal...then feeling like I let myself down later. That's going to be a hard one to change because it's just so easy to do in the moment. But last night I kept right on, telling myself, "No, your feet are staying planted right here for 30 minutes no matter what!" Myself can be so bossy sometimes!

And tonight I was ready to quit at 15 minutes, but I stuck to it. But I don't feel good about it like you're supposed to...I'm mad. Mad that I have to do this, mad that I'm out of shape and mad that I'm not one of those people who just loves exercise.

The Bible says that we have a spirit man and the flesh and that they're at war all the time. Well, my flesh whines and cries like a big baby and pretty much gets its way all the time. But I'm praying that my spirit man becomes stronger and that this gets easier cause right now this sucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment