Monday, February 22, 2010

February 22/ Meals, Plus Calculated Calories and Fat

Today I've been reading labels, researching the net, adding and subtracting, dividing and multiplying calories, fat grams, and nutritional information to come up with my calories for the day. It's been an almost all day ordeal. Everytime I eat something, I'm scouring the net for the calorie and fat count if I can't find it on the package or in a nutritional glossary that I have on hand.

I must admit, that after lunch, I've been ravenous! I don't feel real physical hunger, but cannot seem to feel full. So, I scrounge around for something else to eat, be it an apple or some rice cakes. I guess I need more protein, which according to Dr. OZ, equals satiety. I got some Laughing Cow cheese wedges (they're so good), per the "Hungry Girl's" advice and I guess should try eating that as a low- cal protein tomorrow.

I'm glad it's almost dinner time. I'm still not quite satisfied. My hubby won't be home until about 6ish, and I don't know if I can wait on him. I plan on exercising around 8pm, so maybe I should try to eat around 5:30, and not eat after I workout. That sounds like a plan.


Breakfast- 2 cups coffee-79.5 cal, 1 gram fat
Egg white omelet in a mug (here)-150 cal, .50 grams fat.

Lunch- homemade chicken pot pie (leftovers) 225 cal. 9 grams of fat
crystal lite and bottled water 0 cal.

Snack- Quaker rice cakes 70 cal, 2.5 g. fat
Snack-1 apple 100 cal 0 g fat
Snack-Bowl of Special K w.skim milk 160 cal. 2 g fat.

Dinner-Turkey chili w/green onion, cilantro and avocado topping- 335 cal 14g fat.
Dessert- Weight Watchers Strawberry Shortcake 170 cal 6g fat

Calories for the day-1289.5 and 35g fat...not too bad (I think).

Exercise-Aerobics-30 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment